Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Book: Murder on the Orient Express- Agatha Christie

Book: Murder on the Orient Express- Agatha Christie
I have seen more than one version of this book on film. I've seen the 1974 version and the Poirot series' version done this year. This book is arguable Christie's most famous. I already knew the end from the beginning. I would put a spoiler here assuming that there isn't a person alive that doesn't know who did it already, except that when I watched the Poirot series version with my husband- he was completely surprised. So there are no spoilers here.
I had never actually read this book. I have read many others of Christie's but not this one. I had less interest already knowing who it was. But I did own it. One day on learning about the Poirot's version I decided it was time to read it. I enjoyed it as a story, but in the back of my head I kept asking myself. 'Would I pick up on all the clues?' 'If I didn't already know, who I guess who it was?' I don't know. The clues are there. In the end it is the most logical solution to the problem. But it being so different would I have known? I don't know, and its one of those things that I can't pull myself away from and ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment