Monday, August 9, 2010

Sophia's Italian Ristorante

Sophia's Italian Ristorante
I had a friend, who is a friend of the owner recommend them to me as an excellent Italian restaurant. I knew that they were going to be a bit more expensive than our average dinner spots (Applebees and Chilies). So we went to celebrate our 2 years Anniversary. It is tastefully decorated and has a quite peaceful atmosphere.We had the stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. They were so good. I don't even like mushrooms and I couldn't stop eating them. And the bread's cheese and vinegar dip they serve is fantastic. I could have just eaten that until I was stuffed.  My husband had the scallops and I had the spinach lasagna. for dessert my husband had the tiramesu and I had a small bowl of the chocolate gelato. I tasted his and it was really good. I loved my gelato. Both were excellent. In the end we spend between $60-70 for the 2 of us, 3 courses plus tip. That's on par with when we go out to Outback or steakhouses, and that is cheaper than our favorite Italian place to go has been. They have lunch hours and a lunch menu that I've been told is much more affordable for a budget. I have not yet had the opportunity to eat there for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment